Monday, September 14, 2009

1st Week

So, Last week was long. I was extremely sick with the flu but still manage to read the article Women's Voices, Feminist Visions. I actually enjoyed this article. They talked about how women and men were pretty much equal. I highlighted a few things I thought were interesting. One in which, "Women and men are paid equal wages for work of comparable values." I have a hard time excepting the fact that men get paid more then women or that it's easier for a male to find a job then women. Another is "men are just as likely to ask for help as to give it." I hate it when we are on a family vacation and lost but my dad wouldn't even think about asking someone for help. One other thing was "parks at night can feel just as safe as they do during the day" I really liked this because I am the type to be scared walking alone at night and if it was like this more people would walk at night. Overall the article was good and had lots of interesting things.
I only made it to one class this week but I thought I was interesting that we are having small groups and meeting at different times to talk about our readings. I also found that it was nice we could have groups for our projects. I am looking forward to seeing everyone in class tomorrow. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment